Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy Moments

So, this week has been another stressful one. I decided February is not my favorite month. It always seems to be the month when trials come for us....Steve got called up to Iraq in 2003, he had surgery in January of last year & stayed into the month of February & now here we are with Steve not doing so well again. Maybe it's a bad month for Steve, thus it causes me stress.

Well, it is easy to feel overwhelmed, tired & frustrated, but then through struggles always comes some moments of joy or laughter. Yesterday was filled with a few.....
  • My parents stopped by with lunch & my dad stayed & watched the kids for me while I got a few errands done with my mom.
  • I loved watching my kids teach grandma & Pa-pa how to bowl on the Wii!
  • When we came home from shopping Shelly had stopped by with a Lemon Cream pie for me. ( I had been craving one since I saw it on the Marie Callendar's commercial)
  • Zack said quite a few things that made me smile or laugh.....When Libby woke up & her dad had gone back to the hospital she asked if he could die and Zack replied, "Dad isn't old enough to die!" Then Libby said, "Well, he is sick." So Zack says in his very loud voice, "Dad isn't sick, he just has a pain." I love his way of thinking. He can crack me up with his matter of fact explanations, thus my dad has called him the "little professor" since he was tiny.
  • Then as Zack played bowling on the Wii with Shelly & my dad he won and he yelled, "I can't believe I just beat a 40 year old by 42 points!!
  • It was also good to visit Steve & see he was not having any pain. We just have to be Patient, which is very hard for both of us!
  • Mostly, I am so grateful for a family I love & adore!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the update. We have been wondering and were fasting for Steve yesterday. I am also so grateful for your positive outlook and finding all those tender mercies. We really are blessed through all our trials

Julie said...

Did the surgery go well. I hope he is feeling back to normal soon. Your kids are so cute.