Sunday, January 20, 2008

Night Skiing at Snowbird

Zack finally got to use those skis on a "real" mountain! We went last Saturday night. I hadn't been skiing since before Libby was born & have only been like 3 times in my life, so I was a little nervous to help the kids and they they were a little nervous to have me help them. They can smell your fear! They just wanted to go down the hill with their dad (smart kids I might add). Finally I got up my nerves and did a run on my own....I know it's just the bunny hill, but I wasn't sure if I remembered how to stop. Well it comes back to you like riding a bike! We had a lot of fun! We only thought I broke Zack's leg once when he fell down in my care. I think I pulled back too hard on the harness (sorry buddy!). But after that little scare we made it down the hill just fine! Me & Libby fell once getting off the lift, but the lift operator stopped it and said, "You all right there princess?" and helped her up. Next time will be even better now that we figured out how things work!



Getting dressed nice & warm! I love those boys!!
Zack the "ninja" Steve the "elf" (love the socks babe!) & Tyler as "Curious George"



I think Zack had as much fun on the big snow pile as he did skiing!



My little SNOW BUNNIES!



Steve & Libby getting off the lift. They had a much smoother landing compared to when I took her on the next run! But we did have fun!!




9 comments:

amberjill said...

Sally, that looks like so much fun!! I haven't been skiing since before Libby was born, either! I'm glad you guys had so much fun!!

Staci said...

Hey that looks like so much fun! I didn't know you were a skiing family. That's so great! The kids look like naturals! Way to go!! Love you guys!

The Peterson 5 said...

I remember that Amber! You were trying out snowboarding. Those were the days! I hope your foot is ok!

The Peterson 5 said...

Thanks Staci! We love you guys too!

Julie said...

I hope to do that with my kids someday...soooo much fun. I love that you called Steve an Elf. I think I might call him that next time I see him.

Jennifer Never said...

Do you have problems getting off the lifts too?? I fall almost every time. Getting off the lift freak me out. In fact, getting on the lift and ridding up the lift freaks me out too!

The Petersons said...

I think it is fun to do that as a family. We went a little with the Andersons' but Dad didn't. You don't want to know when the last time I went skiing was. It would be nice to be in that kind of shape. Keep having fun and thanks for sharing with us.

TNTWilliams said...

I am so glad that you have a blog-and a cute blog it is. You have a darling family. Thanks for letting me in on the "peterson pad".

Rebecca said...

that looks like so much fun. Thanks for sharing. I haven't been skiing since high school and Milt, living in Utah 'the greatest snow on earth' has never even tried snow skiing. He says its dangerous and he will only water ski. Now that we are old he is probably right (or maybe not)