Wednesday, November 4, 2009

So my painting has continued...


The before of my kid's bathroom.
This is one of the only rooms we haven't painted since we moved in 5 years ago!! It really was quite scary looking in person....


You can't tell from the picture, but there was pink paint coming through on spots of the white walls. The people who painted before weren't very careful painters. I had to scrape a lot of pink paint off the light fixture too.
I was worried that it would take many coats of paint to cover up those black flowers & swirls...they were above the toilet too. I was also tired of the oak cabinets. We headed to Lowe's and the kids picked a blue color (not my favorite color, but I like how it turned out.)


After
I have to say I LOVE paint with primer!! It only took 2 coats of paint to cover the lovely black flowers!

Unfortunately, the cabinets took Many, Many coats of paint! They do look nice & bright now. Steve helped me add the silver hardware.


Now Zack wants me to paint white clouds on the walls....I don't think that will happen anytime soon! After this project, I was officially done painting. Then everyone got sick & I was home bound for a few days, so I decided to paint the cabinets in my bathroom too. I don't think I have the energy to do my kitchen cabinets now, but it all depends on the day!!

7 comments:

Shauna said...

Hi Sal. . . . your blog is better than HGTV (my favorite station)! The bathroom looks awesome. If worse comes to worse, you can start a new career!

Julie said...

I think it looks great! I wanna redo my bathroom too....maybe I should take some pointers from you.

Rebecca said...

You are inspiring me. I really really need to pain but it is a bit intimidating to me. It is good to see success!

Natallee said...

WOW- you are turning into Martha Stewart!! I am impressed!! It looks great!

Denette said...

I like the blue. It is very inviting.

I keep checking your blog to see if you have undertaken your Kitchen Cabinets. I may try it, but want you to try it first. Haha I am afraid!!

Shelly said...

I think you are truly a paint HUFFER!!!!!! At least it gives you the energy to keep going you energizer bunny!!!!

~Pam said...

I love, love, love blue right now too! I am about to start my bathroom cabinets...wait for the post!! :)