Thursday, October 15, 2009

One Thing Leads To Another....

So a few weeks ago I got an early birthday/Christmas present.

I LOVE it!
It fits just right in my entryway.

As I kept looking at it, something wasn't right. My railings weren't quite dark enough now.
I was so excited, that I immediately started staining them a walnut color. It was looking really good until I took the tape off & it didn't do it's job...brown stain all over the white rails! Thank goodness this product called "lift off" removed it, but I had to do EVERY rail with a q-tip to get it all off!! I finally finished that & something still wasn't right!

Then as I looked around the room all of my wood furniture seemed too light now.
I was afraid I would ruin it, so I waited a few days. Then I was looking through a Pottery Barn magazine & I was inspired! Steve got me a tarp & the energy came back & I finished three more pieces of furniture, the doorbell cover & a lamp!


Table...now matches the railing.

Hutch...now matches the table & railing!

End table & lamp

Thank goodness I didn't ruin them! I really like how it looks now.
I think the paint fumes are starting to get to me though because I think I'm going to do bathroom & kitchen cabinets next...wish me luck on those ones!!
My house is going to look different all because of ONE piece of new furniture!

And earlier today I was cleaning the kitchen and Tyler says, "Mom you need to take a picture of Me & Mick!" I looked over at them sitting on the chair thinking it would be a cute picture, but kept cleaning. He said it a few more times, so I went to get my camera....Here is my cute Tyler-man & Mickey.


Pretty soon he'll be saying, "Mom, take a picture for the blog!"LOL

6 comments:

amberjill said...

wow Sally! I'm so impressed! I have ambitions like that, but never the follow through. Nicely done!!

Marie said...

You did a great job! Everything looks so pretty. Glad you included the picture of your adorable son and dog.

Natallee said...

WOW! I love it! I love home projects! It looks great!

Shauna said...

Those pictures are awesome. Everything looks great. . . BUT, hate to say this. . . . the cutest thing on there was Tyler and Mickey! Tyler knows what makes a house beautiful!!!

One Sassy Princess said...

You have such a great knck for decorating!

niartist said...

You did a great job, and your early Christmas present is GORGEOUS!! Love your blog! I hope you can stop by for a look at my blog, or two ... ;) take care! Fab job! http://niagaranovice.blogspot.com