Saturday, October 31, 2009

October....

Is such a busy month.
We had birthdays, a lot of sickness, a parade, pumpkin carving, Halloween parties & of course the most important part...HaLLoWeeN!!

BIRTHDAYS
My dad's was on the 26th, mine came the 28th & John & Marli's had theirs on the 30th!!
We always celebrate all the birthdays & have the kids dress up in their costumes the Sunday before Halloween.


Happy Birthday DAD!

I can't believe John is 15 this year!

The grandkids

All the little punks getting ready to blast me with the leaves....

and I actually captured an action shot!

I think Steve & the kids get even more excited for my birthday than I do...they are good at surprising me!


I couldn't guess what was in such a big box...

It was filled with lots of little boxes...which were filled with things from around the house.

The last box had an i-pod touch...I didn't know what it was. I guess that's why Steve thinks I need to learn new technology!!

My sister Shelly brought over my favorite pie...Double Lemon Cream!!

Tyler & Zack helped me blow out my candles!

Next came the Halloween Parade...


Tyler waiting for the kids to arrive.


Libby as a "Vampira"
She had missed 5 days of school & this was her first day back. I asked if her class was surprised to see her back at school & she said, "They didn't know who I was until I sat at my desk. They didn't recognize me with black hair."


Zack was a "BAT"

CARVING PUMPKINS

They were able to carve some of the pumpkins we grew in our garden this year.

Grandma & Grandpa Peterson had us over the night before this picture & they taught us a cool trick of drilling holes in the pumpkins. So the kids tried it out again at home.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Looks like lots of fun. I hope you had a happy birthday and that you really enjoy your ipod touch. I'm still trying to figure these things out too but I think I want something like that. or simpler. Let me know if you enjoy it as much as you are supposed to. I liked your early birthday gift/shelf too. You are doing things I wish I knew how to do.

amberjill said...

Walter got an ipod touch from work, so he gave me his and I feel so stupid! I need to figure out how to use this thing. It could be fun!! Let me know what fun stuff you do with yours! Walter just laughs at me because I have my mom teaching me how to use technology. Kids make us so dumb! :)