Thursday, October 22, 2009

Karate Kid...

We thought it would be fun to show our kids the movie Karate Kid. I remember loving it when I was young. Well, they are hooked! They just finished the 3rd one today. It is so funny because now Zack is "Daniel Son" and Tyler is "Mr. Miyagi". Even Libby joins in with the reenactments. Tyler even rubs his hands together & makes the kids lay down & he "heals" them! Tyler was saying the night time prayers & he repeats what I tell him to say for the prayer. I said, "help Tyler to get potty trained." He paused for a second & repeated, "Help Mr. Miyagi to get potty trained." We all started laughing during that prayer! It's fun to see your kids enjoy some of the same movies from when you were a kid...brings back memories. Last night we watched Swiss Family Robinson & I think the next one will be E.T. We are starting to enjoy our family movie night!

Here is a picture of all 3 of them from this summer....

Libby "Ali", Zack "Daniel Son" & Tyler "Mr. Miyagi"

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Man. . . . I love those "Karate Kids". It will take me awhile to get used to their new names, but I'll try!

Denette said...

We did the same thing. They loved Karate Kid and Old Yeller. They didn't love E.T. Shane wants to show them Swiss Family now. I don't think I have even seen it. That isn't surprising though. I hadn't seen Old Yeller either. Fun times.

Shelly said...

Tell Ty no worries- Mr. Miygai is so old in real life he probably wears diapers!!!! ha ha

Shelly said...

What is mom doing up at 1:48 am making comments?????????????