Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Celebrating Sophie Turning "TW0"...

I've never seen someone so young SO excited for her birthday!  She talked about it for weeks.
  She'd say, My "irthday" party they sing cha-cha -cha & then she'd pretend to blow out a candle.  
She wanted a "Dora" cake, of course!
Then when her birthday came around...she was so sick!  
She started throwing up Wednesday night. 
 It was her first time throwing up & it scared her!  It was so sad.  
By Thursday she had thrown up 10 times!  
Then by her birthday on Friday she wouldn't eat or drink because she said, "I frow-up again."  She is too smart for her own good sometimes!  
The bad part was I was afraid we would end up in the hospital with IV's from dehydration for her birthday.  Luckily, we got her to drink enough, but she would not eat ANYTHING!  
Shelly brought us lunch & a much needed diet coke for me!  :)
Then she had Sophie open one of her gifts...
She opened them & said, "I love it Mom!"  
She is our shoe girl!!
Then she fell asleep that night about 7:00pm, so we really didn't celebrate.
  Zack put together her Dora bike & we wrapped her presents for the next morning, but she woke up at 10:00pm, so we celebrated late!
 She loves her Dora bike & microphone!
 The little stinker didn't go back to bed until 1:30am...I was about to drop from exhaustion myself.  
I hadn't slept for 2 nights & had been a nervous wreck about her getting dehydrated.
Even with how sick she was, she was so sweet. 
 I was trying to get her to eat & drink.  When I'd ask her if  she wanted a drink she'd reply, "no thanks."
"Do you want a cracker?" Her reply was "no thanks."  
I adore this girl!!

Then came Sunday & we took her Dora cake to my parent's house for dinner.
She was SO excited!
  She freaked out when she saw the cake!
She was in Heaven!!
She couldn't stop smiling!
 We sang to her & she blew out her candles...just like she had practiced!
Then she opened her presents...let's just say it seemed more like Christmas!  
She was very spoiled, but I think her favorite gift was...
Playing with "Baby Allison"!
 She adores her baby cousin!
Happy Birthday Sophie!!
I am so grateful to be your Mom!!

2 comments:

Natalie Nicole said...

Such a sweetheart! We don't have enough birthdays around here for T to really know what to look forward to, but as I looked at your blog I told him she was having a birthday and he said "wahoo!"

Shauna said...

I'm grateful for both of you! So glad she is feeling better! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, sweet SOPHIE!