Friday, January 14, 2011

Projects...

We finally got around to finishing two of our many house projects. These have been on our list since we moved in over 6 years ago. We FINALLY got around to it. I should say, Steve got around to it. He did such a good job!

The first project was installing wainscoting on the staircase.

It was a little tricky to cut the angles, but Steve did awesome! Now we just have to paint the white wall above it.

I also need to find one more oval picture frame.
I bought them at Tai Pan before I was pregnant & they don't have them anymore. I keep checking and haven't had any luck. I'm hoping by May they will restock!

The second project was a new chandelier in the entryway. I was really happy about this one. We had replaced all of the other gold lights except this one. Finally no more GOLD chandelier!


I wish I had a picture of Steve hanging this one....I was too nervous to stop & take a picture. We have a 2-story entry way & it was kind of scary to see him balancing on the ladder that high up!

I do love that I have a husband that can figure out how to do all my little projects...since he did such a good job, he gets to do wainscoting in the baby's room next.
Lucky guy!




7 comments:

Shauna said...

Steve is awesome! Your place looks terrific. Can't wait to see the baby's room. Keep that whip a crackin'!

Denette said...

I love that nesting. You get so much accomplished. I love the stairway.

I need to repaint my house so bad, but just stare at the walls and think of how much work it will be. I need some nesting energy.

amberjill said...

It looks awesome! He is pretty handy. Maybe you could send him over here, we need the help! :)

Marilyn said...

I am impressed. I guess he has his Dad's handyman talent. Somethings to be so greatful for. Looks really good. I was glad that I wasn't there to see the hanging of the chandlier. That always scares me too.

Natallee said...

WOW!! You guys have been busy!! It all looks so great!! You have such great style! Way to go!!

pan x 8 said...

EVERYTHING looks beautiful! I love my whims become Charlie's projects too!!

How are you feeling? With the baby and all?? Excited for you!

Nicole M said...

Hey sally!! I've missed you...I only get to chat with you for a few short seconds at church, but we need longer! Hope everything is going well with this pregnancy!