Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mud!!


Who needs a pool when you can make mud rivers!!

A week ago we put up our 1,000 gallon pool that we do every year, but it never got used this year.
We woke up the next morning after filling it up & it had popped....making a mudslide all over my patio. All of my wood chips ended up washed away to the lawn! It was not a fun site to see!
So today, they made their own pool in the sand....


They are busy workers!!


Libby's legs actually look tan!!


A few "action" shots!

Zack loves to make a splash!

Zack almost hit me with that mud bomb!!
But our fence took the hit.


They sure had fun...
but were quite the disgusting little creatures when they were all done!!

Zack is all smiles!

Tyler was covered from head to toe & he even had it in his ears!!

He actually hit me that mud clod!!

Well, what started out as a boring day ended up pretty fun. After they had baths we headed to Draper park for an outdoor movie of "Hortin Hears A Who".
You have to "soak" up all the summer fun while it lasts!!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's amazing how much fun mud is. Maybe we should all do it more often. We have a mud volleyball tradition in August and when the games are done the kids get to play. It is so fun.

Denette said...

Tyler looks like he is in heaven.

amberjill said...

that looks like so much fun!!

Julie said...

I am so jealous. Some of my best childhood memmories is making mud baths and cities and rivers! It can be so fun to get dirty! Looks like you guys are livin it up white trash style. There is not a better way to live it up, so way to go you!

Natalie said...

So true! I can't believe summer's flying by so fast! I love that they spent the day playing in the mud- that's so fun!

Shelly said...

I have never seen those duplex kids so dirty!!!!! ha ha ha

Shauna said...

Oh how I love my beautiful grandchildren. . . . beautiful but DIRTY!