Monday, August 5, 2013

Happy "10th" Birthday Zack...

I can't believe my Zack is entering the double digits...
 
"10" years old!
It's hard to believe it's been that long since this sweet boy entered our lives.
I sometimes feel like he was my "miracle" child.
It started when I was in the hospital & the Dr. said  he was ready to come & I looked at my mom & started crying because Steve was going to miss the birth of our first son.  I thought for sure he would be back from Iraq by August, but then another miracle happened... Steve happened to call the hospital just then & was on the phone for the delivery!  It was such a blessing!
Steve didn't meet him until he was 2 months old! He got to visit us for 2 weeks that October.
He was already 8 months old when Steve finally made it home!
 He gave me quite a few scares his first few months of life.
 When Zack was 2 weeks old he was really hard to wake-up & had a temperature over 100 degrees. We had to run him to Primary's & he was given 2 spinal taps, an IV & antibiotics.  It turned out to be a virus & he was in the hospital 2 days.
Then when we went in for his 2 month checkup his soft spot had closed up already & he had to have head surgery.
   Luckily it all turned out well, but it was SO scary!
Even though it was one of the most stressful times in my whole life, that sweet boy's smile could always melt my heart!

He is definitely one special kid!

Here are 10 things about Zack:
-He is the best big brother...
He is so sweet to Sophie & Tyler!
-He is very good at origami...he's mastered the Star Wars Characters.
-He is so helpful...when we were building our retaining wall this summer he was the first one out there lifting blocks off the truck!
-He has the sweetest smile...love those dimples!
-He finished swimming lessons this summer!!
-He still hates fruits & vegetables...it's not getting better with age!
-He starts 5th grade in a few weeks!
-He might be shy, but he is so funny!  You should see his "Mario" on the trampoline!
-He can read instructions & put things together easily...a gift I wish I had!
-He is such a good friend!
We are so lucky to have you in our family!!
Happy Birthday Zack!!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACK-A-BOO! You're quite the KID! Love you so much!

Rebecca said...

He is a great boy and growing up so well. Happy birthday, Zack