Sunday, August 26, 2012

Camping...

We went up to Rockport, which is one of our favorite places to camp.
  This time it just wasn't as fun as usual!
The day we were leaving I had to go to the dentist to fix a broken filling that was stuck between my teeth...thank goodness our dentist could squeeze me in & fix it!  
Then on the way there my car wasn't working right...the emergency brake came on & the brakes started grinding while I was driving.  So, we had to turn around & borrow my dad's car  (luckily we weren't too far from home!)
Then Libby was sick with a horrible cough & Sophie had a raging fever the second night, which meant almost NO sleep for 2 days!  It's hard having sick kids on vacation.  I was completely exhausted by the time we got home!
Then the site we go to has showers & flushing toilets (which is why I like camping there), but this year this is the sign they put on the door...

Not only did they ask us not to flush, they locked the showers...not so fun!
I have to admit it made for quite a few jokes while we were there ;)  "If it's Yellow let it Mellow!"  etc...

My kids always have a good time & they love going camping! 
 They played a little baseball with Steve...
 We all took turns walking Sophie...it's the only time she would stay in one place!
 She had also started running her fever that day :(
My cute Mom & Dad are always so helpful with the kids!

 Tyler, Libby, Jasmine & Zack enjoyed playing a few card games.
 Mickey was cold...he got a REALLY short haircut last week!
The water was super low this year & so the beach was really muddy!

My kids didn't mind, in fact...
My boys LOVED it!
 You would literally sink like quick sand!
Tyler was almost buried!!

Then he'd rinse off in the muddy water!
 Jazzy & Libby enjoying a swim...
 Grandma & Sherry trying to stay cool while they watched the kids!
We did a little boating...
 Josh drove like a pro!
 Steve did too!
The water was FREEZING!  It literally took your breath away!!

 Libby did a little knee boarding.

Tyler tried, but it was too choppy & he got really scared so I had to jump in and help him...poor kid!
He did it the time before perfectly...I still haven't gotten to that post!

It's been kind of a weird summer...it seems like we ran out of time!  We actually only went camping once & boating a few other times.  I can't believe school starts tomorrow!  I'm not ready, but some how we always adjust!

No comments: