Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I'm SO grateful for my dad!
He has been so good to me my whole life.
I don't think you really understand all your parents do for you until you are older & have kids yourself. My dad has given me a great example of what it means to be a hard worker, generous, determined & also how to have fun.

He is SO good to my family & my kids sure love him too!
I know he would do anything to help us & he definitely has come through when we have needed him. A few examples of this are... One day when I was in college and didn't have a lot of extra money, he surprised me & had taken my car to get the oil changed & when I got in the gas tank was also full ...I was so thankful! Another time I will always be so grateful was when Zack was 2 weeks old. Steve was in Iraq & Zack was sick. He had a temperature that was over a 100 degrees & he was really hard to wake up. We ended up having to take him up to Primary Children's Hospital. My dad drove me & when we got there they had to do a spinal tap. I couldn't stay in the room for it, but my dad did. My mom & I could hear him screaming clear down the hall way. Then it didn't work, so they had to do it again. I was kind of freaking out, but my dad was there for him & they were best buds after that!

Zack, Sophie & Grandpa
WE LOVE YOU DAD!!

I have also been very blessed to have married someone who has turned out to be a great dad!

My kids adore him!
This is a picture of them giving him breakfast in bed & their Father's Day gifts. Steve loves to spoil all of us, so they enjoyed having the day to spoil him a little.

Steve is also a good example of what it means to work hard & how to have fun.

We are So thankful for all you do for us!!! We Love you!

On Father's day we went to my parent's house for dinner & my dad's cousin was visiting from Switzerland. We haven't seen him since 1985. We really enjoyed spending the evening with him & his sweet wife Christine.

Christine, Gunnar & my Dad

Gunnar, Christine, Mom & Dad.

Happy Father's Day!













No comments: