Thursday, December 16, 2010

A new tradition...
In the December issue of 'The Friend' magazine was an activity called the scripture tree. It is a countdown to Christmas. Each day there is a question & then a scripture you read to answer it. Then you add the ornament to the tree. My kids have LOVED this. We decided to make a felt tree with ornaments so we can do it each year at Christmas.

We just added velcro to stick the ornaments on.

This is how it will look when the countdown is over.
I can't believe how close we are...only a few ornaments are left!!

We also forgot to post pictures of the trees in the kid's rooms...



Libby




Zack



Tyler

One last funny story about Tyler...My mom had given each kid a chocolate countdown to Christmas, so we hung them above their little trees. They each ate the first day & then on the second day Zack said, "Tyler come & eat your chocolate for today." He said, " I can't until Christmas because I only have one left under the moon & one under Santa's leg." So that's what he had been doing so quietly in his room the day before! He is patiently waiting for the last two days to enjoy his remaining chocolate!!


5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great idea with the tree. We were doing it with the paper one in the Friend and it got torn. Where did you get your ornaments?

Natalie Nicole said...

Haha. That's a good story about Tyler! And I do like the countdown tree- I don't have any kind of advent yet, that sounds like a good one, especially if it could last for years like yours!

Denette said...

I overheard you and Marli talking about the Friend. I was a little late at starting, but loved the idea.

I may have to steal the idea of making it out of felt to use year after year. Any little way to keep Christ the center of Christmas is great.

pan x 8 said...

I love the idea of the tree! I'm on the hunt to get things ready for next year!! Great idea ~ thanks for sharing Sally!

I laughed so hard at Tyler! Of course all the candy is gone... almost!

The Peterson 5 said...

Becky-
We were going to make ornaments out of felt, but then I found a package of Christmas stickers at Walmart that I just hot-glued velcro on. That was much faster & cheaper.