Thursday, June 11, 2009

weekend fun!


Grandpa with Tyler & Zack

This weekend my dad reserved camping spots for all of us. All of my brothers have trailers now so Sherry let me stay in her tent. Steve had a golf tournament & didn't come until dinner on Saturday night. It was fun smushing 10 people in an 8 man tent!! I wish I took a picture of that...even Mickey slept in the corner. John & Shelly always send me into laugh attacks so hopefully we didn't wake any of the other campers up....we are night owls!

Friday night we set up camp & made smores in the fire & Saturday they had a free fishing day up the canyon from my aunt & uncle's house. It was fun. My kids have never been fishing before & Libby even won a fishing pole.

FISHING FUN


Our cute Tyler man!

I'd ask him what he was doing and he'd yell, "fishing!"



Aunt Shelly smiling before she caught herself...

OUCH!!



Libby entered a contest to see how far she could cast a line. She cast it 60' and won a fishing pole!

Libby & her new pole

Jazzy also won a pole!!

They had already done Zack's age group before we got there so he borrowed Libby's.

Libby had her uncles Scott & Sam helped her fish.

Tyler, Brooklyn & Adam


Zack & Bailey


John actually caught a fish! With his "little tykes" pole!!

The kids waiting for Sam to grab the fish with the net.


Cute little Brooky with pigtails!

Jacob, John, Scott & Libby

Then after we got back from fishing they opened the pool!
It was way too cold for me, but we had some brave swimmers.....


The "crazy" swimmers


Zack, Libby, Jazzy & Dallin
Jazzy jumped in with all of her clothes on!


Shelly, John & Shane entertained us with their cannonballs!

They sure can make a splash!!


Libby loves swimming....no matter how cold it is!


Bailey trying to warm up.

Dallin & Shane

Zack dips in....


Tyler with his best bud Josh...they were smart and watched from the sideline!

I had to get a picture of these two boys. Earlier they were on a bike ride and Bailey crashed and hit his head on a rock and John carried him all the way back to camp. Bailey got to go for a trip to the hospital for stitches.
They are also sad because I was beating them at phase 10!! (ha!ha!)


Even Mickey was a good camper....He came home, layed down on the dirty bedding that needed to be washed and didn't move again that night!
Good Times! Good Times!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

It seems like just yesterday!!!!What great memories!!! I was the biggest catch of the day!!!The only contest I've ever won!!! yeah!

Shauna said...

What a weekend. . . . stitches, sunburns, and smores!!!