Monday, April 27, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!!

We had a great weekend in Vegas...

Of course we always enjoy the great food!

When Libby got her dessert she was so cute and said, "I think I'm in paradise!"


For dessert Zack just had a cotton candy...almost the size of his head!


Nothing like a little prime rib!




Tyler really enjoyed his "Thomas The Train" ride. He said, "thanks Thomas" when we got off.


We waited & waited for the volcano at the Mirage to go off...but it was too windy that night so it never did, but Tyler enjoyed the ride on Pa-Pa's shoulders!



Then Saturday we went to Caesar's Palace...the kids love the one toy store there.

Our little family in front of the cool statues.
We also had a great lunch at the Cheesecake factory!


Grandpa was nice to share his Strawberry Shortcake...you gotta love Zack's smile with the whipped cream in his mouth!

Then came Saturday NIGHT!!!

My parents and Shelly took my kids for a fun night out on the town while Steve & I got to see this....

Yes, that is KENNY CHESNEY!!
and it was
AWESOME!!

He played at the Hard Rock Hotel at a place called The Joint. Steve & I got General Admission tickets & stood in line for about 2 hours, but ended up right by the stage in about the 5th row!! Our seats were right on the floor & it was standing room only, so our feet were very tired by the end of the night. I even have a blister on my toe, but it was so worth it. It was SO fun! He started playing at about 9:45pm and kept going until about 12:45am at the end he finally said, "that's all I got left Vegas!"

The group Lady Antebellum & Miranda Lambert opened the show for him.


Lady Antebellum


Miranda Lambert
(loved her pink guitar)


Steve and I before the concert started....Can you see the stage right behind us? I couldn't believe it!!

Here's a few more pictures of kenny for you....

A smile just for me...


Playing with his cool pirate guitar.


He put on a great show!


Shaking the fans hands...


At the end of the concert with our new "Kenny" hats.
Now I Really can't wait until July!!


3 comments:

Shelly said...

It will take us that long to RECOVER!!! lol

Rebecca said...

Looks like lots of fun. the strawberry dessert looks very tempting. sorry I wasn't there to get my taste.

Julie said...

I guess THIS is why you didn't return our phone calls to have you over for Chinese Night. You totally have a good excuse.

Wow...you guys are so lucky. Kenny looks oh so hot and now I like him even more because of his guitar. I am quite jealous of you two.