Sunday, June 1, 2008

JUST STOP BUYING STUFF DAD!!


Steve's future boat!!

So we have been giving our kids a few lessons on saving their money for things that they want to buy. We were talking about how it can sometimes take a long time to save for things we really want to buy. This morning they were getting ready for church and Libby & Zack said, "If dad wants to buy a boat, he needs to stop buying stuff! Yea, like golf clubs." Then they went and shared their advice with Steve. I couldn't help but laugh at the way their minds think! Then Steve was telling Zack how he has to spend his money on things like food & Zack says, "no, mom buys all of our food!" (he's my grocery shopping buddy) Steve & I couldn't help but laugh at our funny kids! I guess they are listening & understanding the concept of money a little bit!! Someday Steve will stop buying "stuff" and be able to get his boat!!

4 comments:

Natallee said...

ha ha ha !! This is so funny- I aactually laughed out loud! I love kids conclusions of life! This is so cute!

Clear the clutter said...

Too cute! We have tried to teach Natasha some money concepts, and it is really hard for them to fully understand. Looks like your kids are well on their way. Poor Steve, he is really going to have the money police looking after him!

TNTWilliams said...

I can't wait for that beautiful boat to be parked outside your house. It will come! I love the things kids say.

Julie said...

I can't wait for Steve to buy his boat!! yay! Stop buying other stuff...stop going golfing all together. Good idea huh!!